The Goals of the Papua New Guinea Surfing Association
- To establish and maintain a code of ethics that earns the respect of the surfing community in Papua New Guinea and Overseas.
- To further through surf-tourism the social and economic development at the grass roots level through the affiliated surf clubs of the Surfing Association of Papua New Guinea.
- To promote conservation and improvement of coastal environments and the protection of surfing resources in Papua New Guinea so that the sport of surfing can be enjoyed by present and future generations.
- To promote respect for the diverse cultures, traditions and languages of Papua New Guinea in all surfers whether members of the Surfing Association of Papua New Guinea Inc or guests in Papua New Guinea.
- To promote surf-tourism in Papua New Guinea in an atmosphere of free competition so that the benefits flowing from the promotion of surfing maybe enjoyed by the local population in the vicinity of surfing venues and by the community at large.
- To support and influence surf-tourism in Papua New Guinea in association with the Surfing Association of Papua New Guinea and relevant organisations in Papua New Guinea and Overseas.
- To promote the expansion of surf-tourism infrustructure in a manner that is environmentally and culturally sensitive.
- To support and influence the develoment of surf-tourism products where the potential exists.
- To encourage participation of Papua New Guinea nationals at all levels of the surf-tourism industry.
To influence and co-operate with Government, non-Government, domestic and international organisations to promote the aims and objectives of the surf-tourism industry